We collect the following information:
- Personal information that you provide us on a voluntary basis.
- Information that your browser routinely shares with websites.
- Information that your mobile device shares when you access the site from a mobile device.
We use and disclose the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide you information about products and services that you request or that may interest you.
- To help us improve our Site, understand its users and their preferences, and to market our services.
- To protect our business interests or the rights of others, when required by law, to cooperate with law enforcement, or in connection with the sale or merger of all or part of our business.
The Site uses the following tracking technologies:
- Cookies and other similar technology track movement across our website and keep track of our users and their preferences.
Other details about our practices:
- Although the Site may contain links to other websites, this policy applies only to websites owned and operated by Travel Marquette.
- We use your personal information only for the purposes for which it is collected and consistent with this policy, and we retain your information only as long as permitted by applicable law.
- We may update this policy from time to time, but we will allow you to opt-in to any material changes in how we use your previously collected personal information.
Legal justifications for processing and sharing personal informationAs provided in more detail below, we have several different legal grounds on which we collect and process your personal information, including: (a) as necessary to perform a transaction (such as when you register for an event); (b) as necessary to comply with a legal obligation (such as for tax record keeping); (c) consent (where you have provided consent to the use of your information for a particular purpose); and (d) as necessary for Travel Marquette's legitimate interests (such as when we act to maintain our business generally).
Personal information that you provide in relation to requests for information or submitting event requestsWhat information is collected? When you request our newsletter or travel guide or submit information regarding an event to us, you will need to provide personal information, which may include your name, physical address, email address, and phone number. You do not have to provide additional information that is not explicitly requested; however, additional information may help you get more from our services. It is your choice whether to include sensitive information in your requests or submissions and to make that sensitive information public. Please do not post or add personal data to your requests or submissions that you would not want to be publicly available. How is this information collected? Personal information you provide is collected when you voluntarily provide the information. You, therefore, consent to the collection and processing of that data for the purposes set forth below. How is this information used? When you voluntarily provide information, you consent to its collection, and we process such information to fulfill your requests and process your event submissions.
Personal information related to interaction with our site and servicesWhat information is collected? Personal information is created and collected when you provide it, post content, ask questions, share information, communicate with others, opt-in to Site features, or upload information to our Site. Additionally, we log usage data when you visit or otherwise use our Site, such as when you view or click on content or ads, perform a search, or share information from other users. How is this information collected? This information is collected when you give it to us and as you interact with our Site and services. When you use our Site, upload content, opt-in to certain features, or use communication services in connection with our Site, you are creating personal data that we collect. We also collect information related to the general use of our Site using log-ins, cookies, device information, and IP addresses to identify and log your use. The cookie and mobile device policies are discussed further below. How is this information used and shared? This information is used and shared to facilitate interactions between users, customize your experience with our Site, and to communicate with you about events, products, and services that may interest you. Specifically, we may use the information we have about you to provide and personalize some of the Site’s features or services (such as ads) including with the help of automated systems and inferences we make, so the Site can be more relevant and useful to you and others. However, we do not use automated decision-making without human intervention, including profiling, in a way that produces legal effects concerning you or otherwise significantly affects you. Additionally, if you opt-in, we may use your personal information collected through the Site to provide you information about products, services, and events that we believe you may be interested in. You will always be given the opportunity to unsubscribe or opt-out of receiving further communications or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in the email communication.
- Google: https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ads/website_custom_audiences