Art Tours. Trail Running. Mountain Biking. Fireworks & Blueberry Beer. Summer is almost here, and so are our favorite festivals and events of the season.

June

JUNE

 

First Thursdays Art Tour

First Thursdays are a monthly art scene stroll highlighting galleries, studios, and creative spaces in the City of Marquette. Each month will feature various artists' demonstrations, gallery/studio tours, and workshops. The first First Thursday starts on June 2nd, and the event will continue each first Thursday of the month through October.

→ More Event Info

 

Iron Range Roll

Roll along the Iron Ore Heritage Trail from the historic Cliffs Shaft Museum in Ishpeming to the iconic Ore Dock in Marquette in this 16-mile point-to-point race. This downhill excursion is open to recreational enthusiasts of all ages and abilities. 

→ More Event Info

 

Pride Fest

Celebrate the LGBTQ+ community on the shores of Lake Superior at the UP’s largest Pride Fest. Featuring family-friendly fun, educational resources, and a stunning array of entertainment in beautiful Mattson Lower Harbor Park.

→ More Event Info

 

Great Lakes Rodeo

Saddle up for three back-to-back days of fun this Father's Day Weekend. Whether you enjoy watching the cowboys attempt to ride a bull or get a good laugh from the rodeo clown, the Great Lakes Rodeo has something for the entire family at the Neil Sr Armatti Memorial Raceway in Gwinn.

→ More Event Info

 

City of Marquette Art Week

Art Week brings local artists, arts organizations, and businesses together for a week-long series of special events, concerts, workshops, performances, and demonstrations. Come see just how creative Marquette can be.

→ More Event Info

 

Marquette Trails Fest

Gear up for a weekend of mountain biking & trail running races and socials. Get out and experience the scenery and rec culture in Marquette, while supporting local trail building and sustainability practices. All proceeds from this event go to the Noquemanon Trail Network.

→ More Event Info

 

July

July

 

Marquette 4th of July Fireworks

Celebrate Independence Day with a bang! With Lake Superior as the backdrop, Marquette is the place to be to see 4th of July fireworks. Gather to witness one of the longest-running firework displays in the Upper Peninsula with the show being launched from the iconic Ore Dock

→ More Event Info

 

Blueberry Fest

One of the sweetest events of Summer, dedicated to one of the Midwest’s favorite fruits. Friday, July 29th, Front & Washington St. will be buzzing with everything from blueberry pizza to blueberry beer, paired with an array of live music, activities, and sidewalk sales.

→ More Event Info

 

Art on the Rocks

Attracting over 140 artists and 10,000 people each year, Art on the Rocks is stationed between Marquette’s historic downtown and the Cinder Pond Marina on beautiful Lake Superior. 30% of the event's artists are invited based on a scoring system used by previous show judges, and the other 70% are selected by a jury process, making it one of the finest art shows in the country.

→ More Event Info

 

 

August

August

 

Michigan Lighthouse Festival

Each year, the Michigan Lighthouse Festival chooses a new location for lighthouse enthusiasts to learn about the region's history & relationship with the Great Lakes. This year, take a tour, listen to guest speakers and chat with vendors at the Marquette Harbor Lighthouse & Maritime Museum, where you'll experience Lake Superior and Marquette's lighthouses in a whole new light.

→ More Event Info

 

Festival of Sail

A rare chance to catch a glimpse, step aboard, and even set sail on some of the grandest ships of yore. Featuring ship tours, day sails, educational programming, food and beverage vendors, entertainment, and fun for the entire family. Oh, and did we mention the largest rubber duck in the world at 61 feet tall?!

→ More Event Info

 

Ore 2 Shore

The O2S is the third largest point-to-point race in the Midwest, with riders gearing up at the start line in Negaunee, where iron ore was first discovered in 1844 in the Superior region. The long-distance course travels through Ishpeming, past towering head frames from the heyday of underground mining, before heading north into the beautiful wooded wilderness, and crossing alongside the Dead River all the way into Marquette to the Lake Superior shoreline.

→ More Event Info

 

Marquette Trail 50

The Marquette Trail 50 is an ultramarathon (a foot race with distances beyond the marathon distance of 26.2 miles) for ultramarathoners organized by ultramarathoners. The course is located on Marquette's superior trail network which has attracted runners from across the country. The events include 50K, 50M,  5K, and 1M—making it an event for runners of all levels.

→ More Event Info